Varmint Stalkers Brigade
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Varmint Stalkers Brigade

Adult Survivalist Community

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire Bed

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VS Tyrant
Admin
VS Tyrant

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Latest Kills
Weapon: .17 HMR 20 gr FMJ
Disposal Method: Dinner

Fire Bed Empty
PostSubject: Fire Bed   Fire Bed I_icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 1:23 pm

A fire bed will definately save your life. When sleeping in a cold environment, most of your heat will be lost through the ground, even in a sleeping bag. With this simple fire construction, you can raise the temperature of the ground to 100 degrees F.

First, locate an area that is as sheltered from the wind as possible. Be sure you can dig 10-12 inches deep without running into too many rocks or roots. Dig the trench 6' long, and 12-15 inches wide. Light your fire in the trench then spread it the length and width of the trench. You don't need a huge fire, you just want some good coals burning for 3-4 hours. After the time has elapsed, put a layer of dirt on top of the entire trench about 4 inches thick. Be sure to pack it down, and make sure no smoke is coming through. Cover the dirt with a layer of pine needles or other dry material.

In order to keep the steam from the ground from bothering you, place a tarp or similar item on top of the trench before you lay down.
Back to top Go down
https://varmintstalkers.forumotion.com
SkwerlHader
Private
Private
SkwerlHader

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Fire Bed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Bed   Fire Bed I_icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 12:37 pm

I did this one time and it worked great. Pretty easy to construct too. It was probably 20 degrees F but I was toasty warm.
Back to top Go down

Fire Bed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Varmint Stalkers Brigade :: Survival :: Everything else-
Jump to: